Monday, July 13, 2009

Dog Beach

This weekend was so hot, that we decided we needed to take a trip to the dog beach. I have never gone before, but always wanted to go. The dog beach is a mile long strip down at Huntington Beach. It was great, there were TONS of dogs running around and playing in the water. This was the first time that Bailee and Layla have experienced the ocean.

Layla was afraid, that is why she was so close to me. She kept trying to go in between my legs (which is what she does when she is scared). Bailee would follow me, so if I went in the water, she would go to. There were some dogs in this picture checking us and our toys out. One dog actually ran off with one of our toys and never returned it!

While we were in the water, a big wave came and went all the way over Bailee. She was a little shocked at first, but she was fine. I am pretty sure she got a mouthful of salt water.

Now I know that I might be a little partial, but seriously, isn't this the cutest picture ever? We sat down on our towels after playing in the water, and Bailee had about half of the beaches sand on her. It was so funny. She was such a mess, but she still had her bow intact!

Here is everyone relaxing. Layla with her tongue out of the side of her mouth.



Bailee was doing some people watching after her swim. Bailee really enjoyed herself.

I think that Layla's favorite part of the day was just sitting on the beach and watching people. She didn't really seem to enjoy herself or the water, but she did make a lot of friends since she went up to practically every person on the beach and demanded attention. She loves humans!

1 comment:

Laura and Corey said...

these pics are fabulous! why didnt you call us? we totally would have met you at the dog beach!