Sunday, November 23, 2008

We Are Engaged!!!!!


Here is a picture of the ring!


A picture of us.....freshly engaged and very happy.


As many of you probably know, this proposal has been in the making for some time, so it wasn't exactly a surprise. Josh did his best to try to surprise me, but I sure made it difficult for him.

So earlier this week, Josh suggested that we go away this weekend, so I knew what that meant......proposal! I was expecting it to happen while we were at the resort. I ended up coming home from work early on Friday. That's how I found out that Josh was planning on cleaning the house, making me a candlelit dinner, and proposing to me. Josh's plan was to get all this done before I got home from work, but his day ran a lot longer than he'd hoped. So that plan was now ruined due to me leaving work early that day.

So Saturday comes, we are running late, and I am trying to get out of our house and onto our trip and to the proposal. I am outside on the porch calling Josh and telling him to hurry up and get in the car, then he tells me to come back into the house, and of course I question why. Then he got down on one knee and popped the big question. Well, I guess we all know what my answer was!


We stayed at the Marriot Palm Desert Resort the night we got engaged. This picture was taken from the balcony in our room
(I highly recommend it).

8 comments:

Laura and Corey said...

congratulations! i love you both and am so happy for you. hope you had a great weekend away- i just stayed at that resort last month!

DIANE said...

YAYYYYYY! I was just thinking how weird it is to NOT have a Liebel wedding on the calendar! Congratulations you two!

Much love from us Washington Liebels

Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy Greaney said...

We are so happy for you guys. Our happy little family is almost complete. I am truly happy that I finally get to have a sister!!! Bring on the planning!

Becks Blog said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Congrats!!! I'm so bummed I missed the showing at work! U were so right on pool view, wow! place is amazing!

Miss Barbara said...

Heidi & Josh, congratulations on your engagement! What a blessing for you and also for our family.
Can't wait to see you soon and hear of your wedding plans.
Love & hugs,
Aunt Barbara

Josh & Heidi said...

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. We are so excited and can't wait to share these great times with everyone!

Shara said...

That is so awesome. I am excited for you both. I still need to meet you Josh! Congrats from the Zollinger family and the Thompson family (my mom said congrats too!)

Julie said...

Congratulations you guys! We're so happy for you!!!!!!