Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Edible Arrangement

Now that the wedding is over, I have time to dedicate to crafts, and other hobbies that I have, or hope to one day have. Recently I have been practicing making edible arrrangements. At first, I thought....how hard can it possibly be? And why are these things so darn expensive?
After attempting them twice, I now know the answer to both. #1 - they are very difficult, and #2 - you have to waste a lot of fruit in order to make these things. To make everything look perfect is challenging.

Here is my first entire arrangement that I put together (with some help from Josh). It looked great when I put it together, but when I got it out of the fridge the next morning, it didn't look so hot. I now know that I need to find a different kind of stick to use, so that way the fruit doesn't make the stick soggy. I won't show you how it looked in the morning!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute!!! Bummer about the sticks though :)

Shara said...

I've always wanted to try that too! Looks good, you'll be a pro the next time you do it!

Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy Greaney said...

You should try clear plastic sticks. I remember taking apart an Edible Arrangement, and the sticks were plastic. Hope that helps!

DIANE said...

It is beautiful! We made one for Hayley's birthday party once. Big hit...definitely need to display and eat right away!